Stuck resetting your Samsung tablet? Let us help! You can now easily hard reset your Samsung tablet. Here’s how to do it and get a new start on your device. Simple steps await you!
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Step 3
- Step 4
- Step 5
Quick facts: How To Hard Reset Samsung Tablet
- ✅ Hard resetting a Samsung Tablet will clear all user data and restore your device to its original factory settings (GadgetHacks). Source: GadgetHacks
- ✅ To perform a hard reset on a Samsung tablet, press and hold the volume up, home and power buttons for 10-15 seconds (TheAndroidSoul). Source: TheAndroidSoul
- ✅ Hard resetting may fix any software issues such as apps crashing, slowing down, or freezing (DroidViews). Source: DroidViews
- ✅ After a hard reset, your Samsung tablet will be back to its original settings and will erase all user data, settings and configurations (TechJunkie). Source: TechJunkie
- ✅ Before hard resetting your Samsung tablet, it is important to back up your data and files to make sure you don’t lose anything (CNet). Source: CNet
Checkout this video:
Before hard resetting your Samsung tablet, do the following for success:
- Back up your data to an external source, like an SD card or USB.
- Make sure your device’s battery is completely charged.
- Keep in mind that a hard reset will erase all the data – be sure you have a backup before you continue.
Back up your data
Before performing a hard reset on your Samsung tablet, back up your data. This will stop you from losing personal files and settings, if something goes wrong.
- Use either Samsung Cloud service or a third-party cloud storage provider to back up data.
- Connect an external drive to tablet, to copy important documents or photos.
- Also, back up all accounts that affect your device. This includes contacts from email providers, social media accounts, and other services associated with the tablet.
Ensure your tablet is charged
Ensure your Samsung tablet is fully charged. This will prevent any interruptions due to power loss when completing the reset. Depending on the model, plug it into a wall outlet or use the charger that comes with the device. Allow several minutes for the battery to charge. Wait until your tablet is charged before beginning the factory reset. Safety first!
Resetting Your Tablet
Resetting your tablet can be handy. It will delete all data, clear personal settings and put the factory defaults back. This can be useful if your tablet is not responding or is slow.
Samsung tablets have two methods to reset: hard reset and soft reset. A hard reset is the last step to try when you are trying to fix the device. It will completely erase the memory and remove all user settings, returning it to the original state it was when you bought it.
To do a hard reset on a Samsung tablet, first turn it off by pressing and holding the Power/Lock button. Then press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time until the Samsung logo appears. Finally, let go of all 3 buttons, and select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” with either Volume Up or Volume Down buttons and Power button for selection.
Turn off your tablet
Press the Power button for a few seconds to turn off your Samsung tablet. If you need to, switch on Airplane Mode. Wait a bit. Then press and hold the Power button again. You will now see a number of options, one of which is ‘Safe Mode’ on your Samsung tablet.
Press and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons simultaneously
Power off your Samsung tablet by pressing the Power button for 10 seconds. Save important documents before doing this! Then, press and hold Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons for 15 seconds. You’ll see the Samsung logo onscreen after 5-10 seconds. When you release, select ‘Reboot system now‘ with your volume keys and press Power to confirm. This will boot into recovery mode.
There, you can do factory reset operations like
- wiping data and cache,
- or updating system software.
No additional tools required!
Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”
Restart your Samsung tablet and press the power button for a few seconds. You’ll see the Samsung logo. Then press and hold the volume down button until you see an Android update screen with multiple options.
Use the volume buttons to scroll to “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”. Press the power button to select. The tablet will start erasing all data and reset to factory settings.
Be aware that this process deletes everything. So, back up any important data before beginning.
Resetting your Samsung Tablet? Great! Start by going through the setup. Change settings, enter account info. Then, check for software updates and download apps from the Google Play Store. Get creative, too – customize your home screen background and wallpaper. Also, learn how to access settings, and tinker with the tablet’s features. Taking a few minutes now can save you time later!
- Change settings
- Enter account info
- Check for software updates
- Download apps from the Google Play Store
- Customize home screen background and wallpaper
- Access settings
- Tinker with tablet’s features
Log into your Google account
Log into your Google account on your Samsung tablet with Android Device Manager. Use a web browser or the Google Play Store. Go to “Settings” and select “Security”.
- Choose “Find My Device” and make sure it’s enabled (default).
- After enabling, use Android Device Manager to hard reset your Samsung tablet.
Restore your backed up data
Create a backup of all your data before hard resetting your Samsung tablet. This’ll make sure no important stuff is lost and the restoring process is easier. You can use the Settings app, laptop, desktop, or external hard drive to back it up. Once everything is stored securely, you’re ready to reset your tablet. It’ll take a few minutes, depending on how much data needs restoring.
Follow every step carefully for a successful reset free from errors:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Backup and Reset.
- Tap Factory Data Reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
Update your tablet’s software
To enable safe mode on your Samsung tablet, you must update its software. Go to the Samsung homepage for updates and follow the instructions. When finished, you can access the safe mode options. Use them to perform a hard reset or emergency reset if needed.
Updating the software is important for smooth functioning of your device. So, make sure to do it regularly to avoid issues with your tablet.
FAQs about: How To Hard Reset Samsung Tablet
Q1: How do I factory reset my Samsung tablet?
A1: To factory reset your Samsung tablet, press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo appears. Then release the buttons and select the “wipe data/factory reset” option from the menu.
Q2: How do I reset my Samsung tablet without a password?
A2: To reset your Samsung tablet without a password, press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo appears. Then select the “wipe data/factory reset” option from the menu and follow the instructions on the screen.
Q3: How do I reset my Samsung tablet to its original settings?
A3: To reset your Samsung tablet to its original settings, press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo appears. Then release the buttons and select the “wipe data/factory reset” option from the menu. After the reset is complete, your tablet will be restored to its original settings.