Ever pondered what to do with your outdated Android tablet? Make the most of it by discovering the numerous possibilities it offers! Here, we’ll teach you how to turn your tablet into a multi-talented gadget!
Facts: What Can I Do With An Old Android Tablet
- Over 50 million tablets are discarded every year in the United States alone (Forbes)
- Old tablets can be turned into home security systems with free and low-cost apps (CNN)
- Apps exist that turn old tablets into e-readers that can hold thousands of books (CNET)
- The average lifespan of a tablet is only 2-3 years (TechRadar)
- Old tablets can be used as digital photo frames with free apps and cloud storage services (PCMag)
Repurpose Your Old Android Tablet
Do you have an old Android tablet in your drawer, collecting dust? You’re not the only one! Technology is changing so fast, it’s hard to keep up. You may be asking yourself, “what can I do with this old tablet?”
Don’t worry – there are many practical and fun things you can do with it. Here are some creative ideas to give your old gadget a new life and get the most out of it. Let’s get started!
Use it as a secondary media device
We all have an old Android tablet that’s just collecting dust in our home. Don’t let it go to waste! Here are some ideas to make use of it again. Let’s turn it into a useful secondary media device.
- Download streaming apps: Your old tablet can be a streaming device. Download Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Spotify and SoundCloud and binge-watch your fave shows and movies. Plus, it’s a great music player.
- Use it as an eBook reader: Download eBooks from Google Play Books or Kindle and read your fave books without having to carry heavy books around. The tablet’s large screen makes it easier to read for longer periods of time.
- Convert it into a digital photo frame: Turn your tablet into a digital photo frame. Download apps to create a slideshow of your fave photos and display them as a screensaver. So you can revisit those special moments whenever you want.
- Use it as a remote control: Your tablet can also be a remote for your smart home devices like TVs, media players, or lights. Download apps like Peel or AnyMote to control them with your tablet. No need to switch remotes.
Pro tip: Check the battery life and storage capacity of your tablet before repurposing it. If the battery is bad or storage is full, it may not be worth the effort. But if it’s in good condition, you can make the most out of it.
Reuse it as a dedicated e-reader
Curious what to do with that Android tablet sitting at home? Well, look no further! Today, we’ll explore the exciting possibility of reusing it as an e-reader. But, not all tablets are suitable. You’ll need one with a sufficient screen size, resolution, and battery life to read comfortably. Let’s get started!
- E-Reading Apps: Go to the app store and download one or more e-reading apps. Popular options are Kindle, Nook, Google Play Books, and Kobo. These apps give you access to a wealth of e-books.
- Book Formats: Ensure the app supports the file formats of the e-books you want to read. Examples are EPUB, MOBI, PDF, and AZW.
- Wireless Connectivity: Wireless connectivity is not essential, but it allows you to buy and download e-books quickly. If your tablet doesn’t have it, use a Wi-Fi dongle or tether it to a smartphone hotspot.
- Storage: How much you need depends on how many books you want to store. Most e-books are tiny, so 16GB or 32GB should be enough. If not, use a microSD card to expand the storage.
Now, enjoy your newly repurposed tablet! Browse, buy, and read to your content. Plus, no more dust!
Pro Tip: To reduce eye strain, get an e-ink screen protector or install a blue light filter app.
To sum up, reusing an old Android tablet as an e-reader is a great way to maximize its potential. With a few steps, you can turn it into a dedicated reading machine and discover a whole new world of literature!
Turn it into a dedicated gaming console
Transform your old Android tablet into a gaming console! It will bring new life to it and lots of fun. To make your favorite games easily accessible, here’s what you can do:
- Update the OS to the latest version to play games optimally.
- Download a web browser from the Google Play store, like Chrome or Firefox.
- Open the browser and go to the website you want as a home page.
- Tap the 3 dots and choose “Settings” in the menu.
- Scroll to the “General” section and look for the home page option.
- Tap it and select “Set current website“.
- Now, you have the website as your home page!
You can even customize settings to get the best gaming experience. Enable the “Developer options” and adjust animation speeds. Buy a game controller or connect a Bluetooth controller for even better gaming. Enjoy!
Use it as a Home Automation Hub
Fed up with an old android tablet lying around, doing nothing? Want to make use of it in your home? We have the answer! In this article, we’ll show you how to turn your old tablet into a home automation hub. Technology means it can be your central control system for managing and automating devices. Ready to learn how to make your old tablet work for you? Let’s get started!
Image credits: mymidpad.com by James Woodhock
Connect it to compatible smart home devices
Wondering what to do with your old Android tablet? You can make it a smart home device! Here’s how:
- Check if it’s compatible. Most smart home devices need a certain version of the operating system and hardware specs.
- Download compatible apps. Need to control a smart bulb? Get its app.
- Install and connect. Use Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or another protocol to connect your tablet.
- Customize settings. Set schedules, scenes, and automation rules.
Pro tip: You can also use it as a security camera. Monitor your home remotely and keep everyone and your property safe.
Reuse your tablet and get more out of it. Transform it into a smart home assistant!
Use it as a central control panel
Have you asked yourself, “What to do with my old Android tablet that’s too slow?” Don’t throw it away! Consider giving it a fresh start as a control center for your smart home. Use the tablet to manage your speakers, lights, thermostat, and security system. Here’s how to do it:
- Choose a central spot in your home to mount the tablet.
- Buy a wall mount or stand for the tablet.
- Download the apps to control your gadgets.
- Set up the tablet in a way that works best.
When you’re done, add more devices: Insteon, Sonos, Amazon Echo, Google Home. Plus, you can use the tablet’s features.
Pro Tip: Don’t have an old Android tablet? Get a refurbished one – cheaper than new and just as good.
So, don’t waste your old tablet. Transform it into a valuable asset – a central control panel for your smart home.
Create automated workflows
In this digital age, tech changes quickly. What was once state-of-the-art could easily become outdated. If you have an Android tablet, don’t worry! You can put it to good use. Automated workflows are a great way to do this. They involve setting up a series of actions that are triggered when certain conditions are met. This means your tablet can do things on its own!
To get started:
- Choose the right app. Tasker, Automate, and MacroDroid are some popular ones.
- Decide which task you want to automate.
- Create your workflow using triggers, actions, and conditions.
- Test and refine your workflow.
Automated workflows can help you save time and make your life easier. Try different apps and workflows to find what works best. Customize them to fit your needs and preferences. Don’t let your old Android tablet collect dust. Use it to simplify your life and boost your productivity!
Use it as a Digital Photo Frame
Do you have an old android tablet sitting in a drawer collecting dust? Want to know what to do with it? Don’t just throw it away! Use it to create a digital photo frame! This is a creative and simple solution. Turn your old tablet into a stylish home accessory. Have your favorite photos and memories on display in your living room.
This article will guide you through the steps of turning your tablet into a digital photo frame. Plus, it’ll tell you the benefits it can bring to your life. Let’s get started!
Download a digital photo frame app
Fed up with your Android tablet being too slow? Don’t want it to just collect dust? Download a photo frame app! It’s the perfect solution to give it a new life. Here’s how:
- Get an app that suits your needs. Options like Dayframe, Digital Photo Frame Slideshow, and Photo Slideshow & Frame are popular.
- Set up the app to show your favorite photos. You can use your device’s gallery, cloud storage, or social media.
- Find a spot for your tablet. On a stand or wall-mounted, it’ll look slick!
- Put the sleep mode on. That way, your battery won’t be drained when the photo frame isn’t in use.
- Try using it as a dedicated photo frame in a room, like the living room or bedroom.
Your Android tablet can be so much more! Use it as a digital photo frame and you’ll see the benefits. Plus, it’ll make a great decorative piece. Give it a whirl and find out!
Bonus: Get a screen protector to avoid scratches on the tablet’s screen, especially if it’s a photo frame.
Create a slideshow of your favorite memories
Ever had a problem with your aged Android tablet? Issues with it restarting all the time? Super annoying, huh? Don’t toss it out just yet – you can do something special with it! Just use a bit of creativity and follow these steps to create a slideshow of your most beloved memories for your dearest ones.
- Firstly, get all the photos you want to feature: childhood snaps, holiday escapades, wedding day shots, little one’s first steps.
- Following that, download a photo slideshow app from the Play Store, like Photo Slideshow with Music. Open the app and select the pics. Add some music – use either the app’s licensed tunes or upload your own. Also, customize the slideshow by adding transitions, animations, and filters. Preview and edit until you’re satisfied. Save the slideshow and voila!
Now, you can watch your favorite memories come alive with a slideshow that looks professionally made. Plus, you can share it with friends and family through social media or email. What a great way to remember all the good times!
For extra creativity, add text overlays or voice narration! So, instead of throwing away that old Android tablet, make something worth keeping. Create a photo slideshow of your favorite memories and enjoy a trip down memory lane!
Set up the device in a visible spot
Do you own an old android tablet that’s just lying around? Don’t throw it away; you can repurpose it! Place it in a visible spot and you can:
- Use it as a Digital Photo Frame. Show off your favorite memories for all to see, changing them whenever you want.
- Turn it into a Smart Home Panel. With the right apps, you can control your home from this central location.
- Use it as a Recipe Book. Download apps, save recipes, and follow them easily while cooking.
Invest in a stand or holder to keep your tablet steady and secure. Reuse your old tablet and enjoy the benefits of technology in your daily life!
Use it as a Security Camera
Have you ever looked at an old, unused android tablet and thought, “What can I do with this?” You might have upgraded or stopped using it. Don’t toss it out! In this article, we’ll share a creative idea: repurpose it into a security camera.
Smart home technology is on the rise – and using a tablet for security is a great, eco-friendly upgrade. Let’s explore repurposing and learn how to make your android tablet a security camera!
Image credits: mymidpad.com by Yuval Jones
Download a security camera app
Have you ever thought of what to do with an old, dusty Android tablet? Technology is increasingly improving, so you may be left pondering a new purpose for it. But, no worries! You can give your device a fresh start by changing it into a security camera!
To get started, download a security camera app. Alfred, DroidCamX, IP Webcam, and Manything are some of the top-rated options. Install the app on your tablet and select which camera to use – front or back. Make sure to create a password for it and enable motion detection and alert notifications. Put the tablet in a place where it can capture the whole room or space you want to monitor. Now, you can view the footage on your phone or other devices.
You can save money and protect your space at the same time with this simple solution! Keep in mind to choose an app that’s compatible with your Android tablet’s OS and hardware specs.
Set up the camera in a visible spot
Ever thought of what to do with that old Android tablet in your drawer? With new and improved devices, it’s easy to forget about older ones. But don’t worry, you can reuse them and give them a new life.
You can use an old Android tablet as a security camera. To do this, first you need to identify pages to delete. Here’s what to do:
- Clear out apps you don’t use.
- Delete apps that are not compatible.
- Remove gaming or media apps.
- Get rid of apps that run in the background.
- Delete email and work-related apps you don’t use.
Now, set up the camera in a visible spot. Here’s how:
- Find a spot to place your tablet so it can capture the room.
- Make sure you have stable Wi-Fi.
- Download and install a video monitoring app.
- Configure the app.
- Start monitoring remotely.
Pro tip: To make sure your security camera is secure, only use trusted video monitoring apps. Keep your device’s software updated and your Wi-Fi connection secure. Make sure your password is strong to prevent hackers.
So, reuse your old Android tablet as a security camera! Just identify pages to delete and set up the camera in a visible spot. With a few simple steps, you can turn your old device into a powerful security tool.
Monitor your home or office remotely
This article’s sub-heading is about an interesting use for an old Android tablet. It’s monitoring your home or office from afar. Thanks to tech advancements, potential applications for these tablets have increased. Let’s look at it further!
Using old Android tablets as a monitoring system has lots of benefits. You can check up on kids, pets, or elderly relatives while you’re away. Plus, you can make sure your home or office is secure. Here are some ways to use your tablet for remote monitoring:
- Install an app: The Google Play Store has plenty of surveillance apps. Alfred or IP Webcam can turn your tablet into a security camera. They provide real-time monitoring, motion detection, and two-way communication.
- Set up a baby monitor: If you have a young one, your tablet makes a great and economical baby monitor. Apps like Baby Monitor & Alarm or Dormi let you check in on your child from another room or from miles away.
- Keep tabs on your pets: Worried about leaving your furry friends alone all day? Get an app like Pet Monitor or AtHome Camera. With live streaming, you can check up on them throughout the day.
Using an old Android tablet as a remote monitoring system is cost-effective and eco-friendly. Instead of throwing it away, repurpose it!
Pro tip: Before using it, secure your device with a password. Also, keep it plugged in or charged to avoid interruptions.
Use it as a Home Media Server
Tired of your Android tablet sitting in a drawer, not being used? Wish you could do more with it? Transform it into a home media server! All you need is a bit of effort and knowledge. Read on to discover the exciting possibilities of using your old tablet for streaming movies, music and more. Get ready to turn your tablet into a home media powerhouse!
Download a streaming media server app
Is your old Android tablet gathering dust? Don’t worry! Repurpose it. Turn it into a digital photo frame. But, how to transfer photos from your camera to your tablet? This article will help!
The solution is downloading a streaming media server app. Here’s how:
- Choose an app: There are many streaming media server apps. Such as Plex, BubbleUPnP, and VLC. Choose one based on your needs. Make sure it supports image streaming.
- Install the app: Follow the instructions provided.
- Connect your camera: Most streaming media server apps have a feature to connect your camera. Depending on the app, it could be called “Add Media Source” or “Scan for Media Server”.
- Stream your photos: Open the app and view the photos. Set up a slideshow to display them automatically.
Now you can turn your old tablet into a digital photo frame. Show your favorite photos and memories in a convenient way.
Pro tip: Some streaming media server apps also support video streaming. So, use your old Android tablet to play videos from your camera.
In conclusion, using your old Android tablet as a digital photo frame is a great idea. Download a streaming media server app to transfer photos from your camera. With a little effort, you’ll have a beautiful and convenient display for your favorite photos.
Connect it to your TV or speakers
Don’t throw away that old Android tablet! Instead, you can use it to create an amazing media hub. Download music and connect it to your TV or speakers for a new way to enjoy your favorite tunes. Plus, you’ll save money too!
To get started, choose a music provider, like Spotify, Apple Music, or Deezer. Then open the app store on your tablet, install the app, and log in. Browse music and download it directly to your device. Sync the downloaded music to other devices or cloud storage, so you can access it from anywhere.
Next, connect your tablet to your TV or speakers. Locate the audio output on your device – it might be a headphone jack or USB port. Then, attach the audio cable to your TV or speakers (you’ll need a 3.5mm jack or USB, depending on your device and speakers). Select the correct audio input source and play your music. You should now be able to hear it through your TV or speakers!
Using your old Android tablet as a media hub is an easy and fun way to get the most out of your device. To take it to the next level, get a streaming device like Chromecast or Amazon Fire Stick. This will give you even more control and functionality over your media center. Enjoy!
Stream your favorite music and videos
Wondering what to do with an old android tablet? Don’t worry – there’s a fun and useful way to repurpose it! Stream your favourite music and videos with it!
Streaming media has changed the way we consume entertainment. We don’t need to download and store files on a device anymore. An old tablet that would otherwise be discarded is perfect for this!
To get started:
- Reset your tablet. Clear any old data and settings.
- Connect to Wi-Fi.
- Choose your streaming service. Spotify, Netflix or Hulu?
- Download the app.
- Sign in and start browsing!
Using an old tablet for streaming is great for several reasons:
- Bigger screen.
- Long battery life.
- Dedicated device – free up other devices.
So, don’t let your old tablet go to waste. Make it your favourite way to watch and listen to content!
Pro tip: For even better sound quality, invest in a portable Bluetooth speaker or headphones.
FAQs: What Can I Do With An Old Android Tablet
1. Can I still use my old Android tablet?
Yes, you can still use your old Android tablet for various tasks such as reading e-books, watching videos, and browsing the internet.
2. How can I repurpose my old Android tablet?
You can turn your old Android tablet into a digital picture frame, a dedicated e-book reader, a security camera, or a smart home controller.
3. Can I use my old Android tablet for gaming?
Depending on the specifications of your old Android tablet, you can use it for casual gaming or simple mobile games.
4. How can I improve the performance of my old Android tablet?
You can improve the performance of your old Android tablet by clearing cache and uninstalling unused apps, updating the operating system, and removing unnecessary widgets.
5. Can I sell my old Android tablet?
Yes, you can sell your old Android tablet on various online platforms such as Amazon, eBay, or Facebook Marketplace.
6. Can I recycle my old Android tablet?
Yes, you can recycle your old Android tablet by sending it to a recycling company or dropping it off at an e-waste recycling center.