Having trouble downloading WhatsApp onto your iPad? You’re not alone! In this article, we’ll discuss why the messaging app isn’t supported by Apple’s tablet devices. Additionally, we’ll explore ways to get around this problem and list some alternative messaging apps for you to use:
Quick facts: Why Can’T I Download Whatsapp On Ipad
- ✅ WhatsApp is not available for the iPad because it does not support the operating system used by Apple (iOS) (Tech Advisor).
- ✅ Apple has not released an iPad version of WhatsApp due to the lack of demand for a tablet-optimised version of the app (Tech Advisor).
- ✅ There are several third-party applications that allow users to access WhatsApp on an iPad, such as WhatsApp Web and the WhatsApp Messenger app (Lifehacker).
- ✅ iPhone owners who want to use WhatsApp on their iPad can jailbreak their device and install a custom version of WhatsApp (Digital Trends).
- ✅ WhatsApp is focused on developing its mobile app for both Android and iOS, so users are more likely to receive updates and new features on their smartphones than their tablets (Tech Advisor).
WhatsApp is an app for texts and calls on mobiles like iPhones, Android phones, and tablets. Sadly, it can’t be downloaded to iPads. Apple doesn’t provide an official WhatsApp for iPads. Users with Apple devices must access WhatsApp through their browser.
The reason for no WhatsApp on iPads is due to Apple’s compatibility requirements. The iPad uses iOS software, and the Android version of WhatsApp has different coding languages, not compatible with iOS. Also, most people use iPhones for WhatsApp, so creating a tailored app for iPads would take lots of money and time, which could be spent elsewhere.
Reasons Why You Can’t Download WhatsApp on an iPad
WhatsApp is a popular messaging app, but cannot be downloaded on iPads. This is because it was designed for smartphones, not tablets. The app requires hardware support from the device to work, such as push notifications and encryption. Unfortunately, iPads don’t have this support. Additionally, tablets don’t have access to cellular networks, which are needed for WhatsApp to send messages. Even if an iPad user could get the app, they couldn’t use its features due to a lack of access.
WhatsApp is not available for iPads
WhatsApp is an app for Windows and Android phones. But, it’s not for iPads. That’s because iPads use iOS – an operating system that doesn’t support WhatsApp.
The app works with phones in mind, so you can’t depend on it with other tablet devices.
If you try to get WhatsApp on an iPad, you’ll get a message saying it’s not available. Sadly, there’s no way to bypass this restriction and get WhatsApp on an iPad or other device running iOS. The only choice is to buy a Windows or Android phone to use the app.
Your iPad might not be compatible with WhatsApp
Your iPad 2nd Generation won’t be able to install the iOS WhatsApp app. This is because iOS 8.0 or later is needed. But, the 2nd generation iPads only have a maximum operating system of 7.1.2. Therefore, there’s no way of downloading the app.
But, there are some alternatives. Try Safari’s WhatsApp web version or look for 3rd party apps on the App Store for older iOS.
Your iPad might not have enough storage space
Want to download that app? Your iPad might not have enough storage space. WhatsApp, for example, needs much memory to run well. Not enough space means it won’t install.
To make sure your iPad is ready for new apps, delete unwanted files, pics, vids and apps. Check your settings to see when it’s time to offload some of the data. Even if there’s enough storage, an older iPad with less RAM could still be a problem, as apps like WhatsApp need more processing power than other apps.
No WhatsApp on your iPad? No worries! There’re several solutions:
- WhatsApp Web. Just open a web page and scan the QR code. Then you’re connected to the messenger without downloading anything.
- ChatMate for WhatsApp. It’s got Dark Mode and Pausing notifications, plus an interface like the original messenger.
- If you have an Android device, make a backup of your messages, then sync them with iCloud on your iPad. That way, you’ll have all your messages on both devices – no extra downloads needed.
Use WhatsApp Web
iPad users who wish to download WhatsApp can’t find it in the App Store. This is because Apple designed the iPad differently. You can get it on iPhones, but not iPads.
However, there is a way to use WhatsApp on your iPad. Using the WhatsApp Web feature!
- Open a web browser, and go to https://web.whatsapp.com/.
- Then, scan a QR code with your smartphone that has your WhatsApp account.
- Voila! All your conversations will appear on the web browser of your iPad, and you can use them without any issues.
Use a third-party app
To use WhatsApp on an iPad, third-party apps like WhatsApp Web or Readdle’s iPad-optimised app are the best. These don’t offer the same features as the original version, but you can still send and receive messages.
WhatsApp Web works by mirroring phone messages onto a computer. You need to:
- Install WhatsApp on a phone first
- Download Google Chrome or Safari (depending on the browser)
- Open https://web.whatsapp.com and scan the QR code using the ‘whatsapp web’ option in the app.
The Readdle version of WhatsApp for iPad is made for iPad users and doesn’t need a paired device. It has classic features plus iOS exclusive ones such as fullscreen mode, video calls, and Maps integration. So there’s no need to worry!
Use a different messaging app
Sadly, WhatsApp isn’t available for download on iPads and other tablets. But, you have plenty of other options! iMessage, Facebook Messenger, and Google Hangouts have downloads for iPad users.
If you want an app like WhatsApp, try Viber or Telegram. Both apps are free and offer instant messaging services, like WhatsApp. To get either app on your iPad, search the App Store and follow the instructions.
So, no WhatsApp on iPad. Not in the Apple App Store. But, you can get third-party apps. These apps are a “wrapper” for the web version of WhatsApp. They may need a fee and be not as secure or have the same features as the official app.
Plus, using WhatsApp through the browser on iPad can be slow and unreliable. You might have success with these apps, but if you want a better solution, consider an Android tablet or phone.
FAQs about: Why Can’T I Download Whatsapp On Ipad
Q1: Can I download WhatsApp on my iPad?
A1: No, WhatsApp is not available for download on iPad devices.
Q2: Is there an alternative to WhatsApp for iPad?
A2: Yes, there are several messaging apps available for iPad devices, such as Viber, Line, and WeChat.
Q3: How can I use WhatsApp on an iPad?
A3: The only way to use WhatsApp on an iPad is by using the WhatsApp Web interface, which requires an iPhone with an active WhatsApp account.